The advantages of ROXUL make your insulation choice easy.
ROXUL insulation goes beyond what most conventional insulations offer. The main ingredient of ROXUL insulation is stone. As a result, it provides some very distinct advantages:
- Delays the spread of fire, and may provide you and your family with precious extra minutes to escape.
- Won’t burn, or release toxic gases or smoke when exposed to high heat.
- Withstands temperatures of up to 2150˚F (1177˚C) – well above heat levels of typical house fires.
- After exposure to water and moisture, won’t slump in the wall cavity like many conventional batt insulation products and R-value will not be affected.
- Inert substance that does not support mold or fungal growth; resulting in a safer indoor environment for your home.
Made from Stone:
- Created from a unique combination of stone and recycled slag – a by-product of steel production that would otherwise go to landfill.
- Non-directional fiber structure and higher density for better dimensional stability and an effective barrier against noise.
Easy to Install:
- Easy to cut precisely with a serrated blade, such as a bread knife.
- Non-directional fiber of ROXUL stone wool helps absorb acoustic waves and can reduce the intensity and propagation of noise.
- Effectively reduces airflow and sound transmissions.
- Higher air flow resistivity means better sound attenuation.